IMPORTANT! COVID-19 CONCERNS (UPDATED 14 February 2021)
All details here override those in other parts of this website
In view of sufficient quorum as of the closing date of 31 January 2021, the RBS planning committee has made the decision to proceed with the school. Of course, the journey ahead still depends on how the Covid-19 situation develops and what MCOs and SOPs are in place at the time of the school, but for now, we will continue this journey of faith, together with you all, trusting God for his perfect will to be done.
Please note however that we have made certain other decisions with regard to the school. These are:
We will focus on the spiritual growth, teaching and community components of the school. The mission trip component will have to be dropped, as most churches will probably still not be meeting physically by then and we also want to minimise students' contact with outsiders for their protection.
As such, the school will be shortened to 4 weeks, starting a week later than originally planned and ending a week earlier. The new dates are 18 April to 16 May 2021. Note that both start and end dates now fall on Sundays, so that your parents can drop off and collect you if they want, to avoid you having to take public transport.
The entire school will be held in HCC, Cameron Highlands, and the graduation ceremony will be livestreamed out.
Due to the shortened school, the application fee will be revised to RM1,000 for students from Brethren churches (half paid by your sending church) and RM1,200 for students from non-Brethren churches.
We will require all students, staff and visiting teachers to take a Covid-19 PCR swab test just prior to attending the school. This will be arranged by RBS and the cost of the test will also be borne by us.
Rest assured that we will do our best to ensure that any risk to students is minimised during the course of the school. Your safety and health are of our utmost concern.
Since we do not need to plan the logistics for missions and we still have space for additional students, applications will continue to remain open up to a few days before the school starts.
You do not have to pay your fee until a week before the school starts, but if we still have to cancel the school within that timeframe, you will be given a full refund. If the school begins but needs to be cut short for any reason, you will be refunded on a prorated basis.
Please feel free to contact us if you need any further clarifications on this.